Since Christmas time is coming up, I thought to include some more festive dishes. This is a cheesy cauliflower and broccoli bake : perfect addition to any holiday spread. Considering the large amounts of broccoli and cauliflower means this is also a relatively health dish, contrary to any other cheesy bake. An excellent reminder of one of the many benefits of going vegan : healthier food alternatives for your best self. Check out the video.
Ingredients for the cheesy sauce
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 3 spoons of nutritional yeast
- 1/1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried garlic
- Preheat the oven to 200° .
- Combine all these ingredients and blend until smooth. Adjust to taste by adding pepper and nutritional yeast.
2. Cook 1 cup of pasta for the cauliflower bake.
3. Once you have the cheesy sauce all mixed up, you can add it to your broccoli, cauliflower and pasta.
4. After around 40 minutes, check on the bake in the oven. If the mixture has thickened enough it is ready to go!