I have been a little less than active than usual because, despite my best efforts (and the best efforts of the many Airbnb and Hotel accomodations) access to internet in the middle of nowhere Australia is quite rare. I have enjoyed some spectacular sights and wanted to document at least part of this magnificent journey. The current odometer reading is showing me that I have driven over 6300km. I will attempt to post some high lights now, and come back to it in a few weeks to make a more detailed write up. In this post, I will focus on the three epic dive trips : Manta Rays, Sharks and Seals!
So, how can I start? The premise of this journey was of course : to relocate all of my belongings to Perth. I did not want to sell and rebuy a car (since I am in love with my Jimny), so I thought the best way to go would be to drive. I also made a little video about my top five reasons for why I prefer driving to flying in the first place.
Here is my baby somewhere in the middle of a road to Hopetoun : full of hope to make the remaining 1000km to Perth!
On this journey I learnt many things including
- There is always enough time to do Yoga
- Long Car Trips give you the perfect excuse to go through a full existential crisis
- There are never enough car snacks
- WATER IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. I cannot stress enough how I messed up by not buying one of those 10litre water containers.
- Cops always show up when least expected
- Kangaroos really only come out at night