Even thouugh I have already tackled the big mac, I decided to attempt to make my own vegan patties. Its just a bunch of vegetables mixed together? How hard can it be?
So lets get started. The ingredients :
- One can of red beans
- 100g of bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 onion
- 120g of cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 spoon of crushed nuts (of your choosing)
How to :
- Cook rice. Around one cup and then you have leftovers as well!
- Finely chop the onion and saute it on a pan until golden.
- Dice the garlic and measure out the rest of the ingredients.
- Mash the beans into a paste.
- Combine the ingredients. Adding BBQ sauce is optional.
- Grill it!
Then assemble your epic burgers. I suggest.
3. Green leaves
4. Your epic bean pattie
5. Add some pineapple on top
6. Add your avocado and choice of sauce. My personal favourites are mustard and ketcup. Always feel free to eat the rest of your rice as extra carbs in this meal. I mean, its a lot less work than making chips.